UNDERSTANDING AND RESPONDING TO FAMILY VIOLENCE
Learn from WIRE experts about understanding and responding to family violence/domestic violence in our interactive course for professionals. You and your team will learn the skills and knowledge to understand, recognise and respond to family violence. Upon completion of this specialised workplace training, you will be well-equipped to support staff and clients experiencing family violence, and you’ll know how to refer them to the appropriate support services.
IS THIS TRAINING FOR ME?
Our professional development training in family violence is essential for frontline workers, managers and business leaders in all industry sectors. We also welcome any professional in any industry who wants to up-skill in vulnerability and family violence training.
- An intersectional perspective of family violence
- The key drivers of family violence
- Who experiences family violence in Australia?
- Who perpetrates family violence?
- What are the barriers faced by victim-survivors who leave a family violence situation?
- What are the short and long-term impacts of family violence?
- Why is family violence a workplace issue?
- Responding to disclosures of family violence
- What you can do to be a part of the change
DURATION AND DELIVERY:
Taster session: 4 hours with scheduled breaks
Comprehensive session: A 6.5 hour day of interactive training in person (online version is spread over two days)