Code of conduct
- Everyone is treated with dignity and respect
- Discrimination will not be tolerated
- Abusive, threatening or violent behaviour will not tolerated
When attending programs or using WIRE services, you must abide by this code of conduct.
Breaches of the code of conduct
A person who is violent, abusive, threatening or discriminatory will have their behaviour named and a WIRE staff member will ask the person to stop the behaviour. If the behaviour does not stop the person will be asked to leave WIRE.
WIRE strives to provide high quality services to women at all times, but from time to time people may not be happy with the service they have received. In these cases, WIRE understands that people may wish to make a complaint.
What you need to know
- WIRE will not discriminate against anyone for making a complaint.
- You can choose to be supported by an advocate or person of your choice at any time.
- You can make a complaint by email, letter, phone or in person.
- WIRE will respond to your complaint within 10 working days.
- If WIRE is unable to respond in 10 working days, WIRE will notify and let you know the soonest possible date we can respond.
- You can make a complaint to a Women’s Information Centre staff member or to the WIRE CEO.
Complaints contact information
Women’s Information Centre (WIC) staff: (03) 8326 7100, WIC front desk or email
CEO: Julie Kun (03) 8326 7108 or email.
Deputy CEO: Robyn Rose (03) 8326 7103 or email.