Code of conduct
- Everyone is treated with dignity and respect
- Discrimination will not be tolerated
- Abusive, threatening or violent behaviour will not tolerated
When attending programs or using WIRE services, you must abide by this code of conduct.
Breaches of the code of conduct
A person who is violent, abusive, threatening or discriminatory will have their behaviour named and a WIRE staff member will ask the person to stop the behaviour. If the behaviour does not stop the person will be asked to leave WIRE.
WIRE strives to provide high quality services to women and gender diverse people at all times, but from time-to-time people may not be happy with the service they have received. In these cases, WIRE understands that people may wish to make a complaint.
What you need to know
- WIRE will not discriminate against anyone for making a complaint.
- You can choose to be supported by an advocate or person of your choice at any time.
- You can make a complaint by email, letter, phone or in person.
- WIRE will respond to your complaint within 10 working days.
- If WIRE is unable to respond in 10 working days, WIRE will notify and let you know the soonest possible date we can respond.
- You can make a complaint to a Walk In Centre staff member or to the WIRE CEO.
Complaints contact information
Walk In Centre (WIC) staff: (03) 8326 7100, WIC front desk or email
CEO: Jade Blakkarly by email
Service Delivery Coordinator: Jane O’Hanlon by email