UNDERSTANDING FAMILY VIOLENCE AND FINANCIAL ABUSE IN ESSENTIAL SERVICES
Our family violence and financial abuse training provides professionals with knowledge and skills to understand, recognise and respond to disclosures of family violence in Essential Services.
IS THIS TRAINING FOR ME?
This training provides professionals with knowledge and skills to understand, recognise and respond to disclosures of family violence. Upon completion of this specialised workplace training, you will be well-equipped with skills to speak with staff and clients experiencing family violence, and you’ll know how to refer them to the appropriate support service.
This training is suitable for any frontline worker, manager, HR professional, or business leader in essential services including electricity, communications, water and transport services. We also welcome any professional working in essential services who would like to up-skill in vulnerable and family violence training.
- Identifying the different forms of family violence, including further explanation of financial abuse
- How family violence might present in essential services
- An easy-to-understand explanation of family violence legislations for essential services
- The prevalence and drivers of family violence
- An introduction to intersectionality
- How to ask about family violence as well as strategies and skills to respond to disclosures
- Self-care strategies and debriefing tools to recognise our own cues and learn to work with what we can and can’t control.
Online: 4-hour interactive training session via ZOOM. Sessions capped at 25 participants.
We can deliver this training in a private session for your organisation and tailor some of the content to meet your specific requirements.
For more information on our tailored packages, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org