This training provides professionals with knowledge and skills to understand, recognise and respond to disclosures of family violence, using WIRE’s forty years of experience and expertise in supporting individuals in the community. Upon completion of this specialised workplace training, you will be well-equipped with skills to speak with staff and clients experiencing family violence, and you’ll know how to refer them to the appropriate support service.
- Identifying the different forms of family violence, including further explanation of financial abuse
- How family violence might present in financial services
- An easy-to-understand explanation of family violence legislations for financial services
- The prevalence and drivers of family violence
- An introduction to intersectionality
- How to ask about family violence as well as strategies and skills to respond to disclosures
- Self-care strategies and debriefing tools to recognise our own cues and learn to work with what we can and can’t control.
This session will be capped at 25 participants and will be interactive. You will do small group activities in online breakout rooms.
For queries about this training or how we can tailor this course to suit your organisation please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.