AMICA End-of-Year Lunch (23/12)| Music fundraiser @ Longplay (18/12) | Orientation_Phone Worker Training (Feb 2015) | Social media intro for women over 60 (starts 26/2) | Session on separation & settlement options (26/2)| Dealing with challenging calls PD workshop (5/3) | Seminar_Using MyGov to access Medicare, Centrelink & Child Support (26/3) Read More »
End-of-year Service Hours
Telephone Support Service 1300 134 130
- Open 9am to 2pm Wed 24 Dec | 9am to 5pm Mon 29 & Tue 30 Dec | 9am to 2pm Wed 31 Dec
- Closed Thu 25 Dec — Sun 28 Dec | Thu 1 Jan 2015
- Regular opening hours from 9am – 5pm Friday 2 Jan 2015
Women’s Information Centre Closes 2pm Wed 24 Dec | Reopens 9.30am Mon 5 Jan 2015
Livechat & Email Support Services, & WIRE Office Close 2pm Wed 24 Dec| Reopen 9am Mon 5 Jan 2015
WIRE Women’s Information provides Victorian women with free and confidential support, information and referrals on any issues statewide. We take time to listen to and support women like you via our Telephone Support Service, our Women’s Information Centre, our online Livechat support and email support service.
Why women contact WIRE
Last year more than 12,000 women contacted us for information, support and referrals. Women of all ages and from all walks of life in Victoria contact us about matters such as family relationships and legal issues; domestic violence; housing and homelessness; emotional well-being; mental health—anxiety, fear, stress and depression; and job search, study options and community volunteering.
- Support Services: Simply call 1300 134 130, email us, use Livechat or visit us!
- Publications: You can download/order hard copies of any of our information booklets, sheets, research reports or publications including our Annual Report 2014.
- Free Programs: WIRE runs many free programs for women including Job Coaching sessions, legal clinics, basic computer classes and our AMICA Women’s Lunch Club. Check out our program calendar and book your free place today!
As a Registered Training Organisation, we train our volunteers, run gendered training courses and education programs for women and organisations that work with them. We also run various professional development workshops for community workers.
We also hire out our Meeting Room to community groups and organisations at very reasonable rates!
Advocating women’s rights
Our daily work and research projects with women inform and support our advocacy work on women’s key issues, such as the prevention of violence against women, and women’s equal participation in the workforce. Support our work in voicing women’s concerns – become a WIRE member!
WIRE supports the campaign against racism: ‘Racism. It stops with me.’
“WIRE listens, cares and connects me.”