To achieve our vision of a society where women are safe, respected, valued, informed, empowered and free to make genuine choices in their lives, we employ the right people.
Current Employment Opportunities
Work for WIRE. We are a feminist organisation dedicated to working towards our organisational Vision through the work we do, if you would like to join our team please see our current vacancies below.
Financial Capability Project Manager
Fixed-term contract: 3 years
There is an exciting opportunity for an experienced project manager to join the team of one of Victoria’s best known women’s organisations.
WIRE Women’s Information provides Victorian women with free and confidential support, information and referrals on any issues based on a feminist framework.
The Financial Capability Project is funded by the Victorian government and brings together two leading organisations in the field of financial capability, Women’s Information Referral Exchange (WIRE) and Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand (GSANZ), to bring their significant experience and capability to bear in order to develop, pilot and evaluate a best practice financial capability and economic program.
In consultation with stakeholders, the project will utilise new and existing financial capability building programs to deliver an end –to end co-designed financial capability building program that provides options to ensure women are at the centre of their own financial capability, driving and achieving their own goals.
Project stakeholders will include organisations that represent women with disabilities, culturally and linguistically diverse communities and Indigenous communities, individual community leaders, and women (participants) who will provide input to facilitated training and learning programs in a way that builds empowerment and agency.
The project will incorporate an innovative co- design process that gives marginalised communities and women a voice and a decision-making role in the design and implementation process. It will draw on, pilot and where possible, refine the ‘best of’ the existing products and approaches in the financial capability building arena, which will provide greater efficiency, reach and impact for transformational change across the sector.
Key Selection Criteria
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager, who is
- comfortable with being challenged and exploring options
- able to manage competing demands of a complex and multifaceted role
You will be
- Experienced at stakeholder engagement
- An excellent communicator - written and oral
- Experienced in empowering people through financial capability
- Experienced in empowering women through financial capability engagement
- Experienced in the development and delivery of training
- Experienced in working with diverse and marginalised communities
- Understand the barriers that women face to achieve financial wellbeing and the additional barriers faced by women in marginalised communities
- Embrace and embody the principles of co-design and addressing financial exclusion at a systemic level
- Have capacity to work as part of a team whilst also able to work autonomously
- Demonstrate concurrence with WIRE’s feminist principles
- Victorian driver’s license with access to a car.
- Satisfactory Working with Children check
- Satisfactory Police check
For more information and enquiries contact our Acting CEO, Robyn Rose on 03 8326 7108 or email@example.com
To apply please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or
WIRE – Women’s Information 372 Spencer Street, West Melbourne 3003
You must respond to the selection criteria as outlined in the
position description and provide a resume.
Applications close: COB Monday 13th August 2018
WIRE is exempt from the sections 16,107 and 182 of the Equal Opportunity Act, No. H68/2013.
Our vision, principles and service model
A society where women are safe, respected, valued, informed, empowered and free to make genuine choices in their lives.