What it means to work with women within a feminist framework
This training explores:
- how to meet the particular needs of sub-groups
- implementing a women-sensitive model of practice
- developing and applying micro-skills, such as reflective listening
WIRE has over 34 years of experience of providing information and support to women on any issue. Our expertise in listening to women, to understand and work constructively with women from a diverse backgrounds on the issues that affect them is well respected.
Our Working with Women workshops can be customised to meet your organisation’s needs and can be customised to run from half a day through to several days.
This training will benefit your organisation, where you want your staff to have a better understanding of:
- how to positively work and engage with women from diverse backgrounds
- the issues that women confront everyday
- how to provide a space for women to be valued, acknowledged and heard
- how to work with women in a non-judgmental way
- the impact of structural and societal gender discrimination and disadvantage on women.
We train other support services and telephone support services in women-sensitive practice using our well-established model. These training processes support workers and help them to open up calls in a way that empowers women.
This course is suitable for anyone who supports women as part of their working life and can be tailored to suit specific organisational needs.
Some of our clients
- Alzheimer’s Australia Victoria
- Australian Services Union
- Dementia Help-line
- Gamblers Help Northern
- Gay and Lesbian Switchboard
- Jewish Taskforce Against Family Violence.
- Men’s Referral Service
For more information call the Training Coordinator on (03) 9348 9416 (Option 4) or email email@example.com to discuss the suitability of this training for you or your staff.