WIRE offers a free information & referral service for all Victorian women, no matter what the issue.
What we do. WIRE stands for Women’s Information and Referral Exchange Inc. We are the only Victoria-wide free generalist information, support and referral service run by women for women.
WIRE aims to be inclusive of women from all backgrounds and experiences, including women of all genders. We aim to create an environment which is free of exploitation and discrimination.
We offer a range of gender-specific training programs, and also research and advocate for women’s issues such as financial literacy and economic security,work-life balance and violence against women.
Talk to us about anything
WIRE offers you a safe place to share your experience, and to get practical and emotional support on any issue.
No matter what the problem is, we are here to listen and support you, and to provide information on services and practitioners that you can connect to.
No appointments needed and you can always contact us again.
Get support in different ways:
You will be offered confidential support and treated with respect.
Use our Women's Information Centre
You are welcome to drop by our safe, friendly and supportive space to:
- Talk to someone and be connected to support services
- Seek employment online or check your emails using our free wifi, computer and internet access, and printing and scanning facilities
- Get free resources on women’s issues
- Take a break or have a cup of tea
Join our free programs and events
Our women’s programs and events affirm your skills and experience, and help you gain new skills and knowledge to help you reach your goals
- Seminars on family and relationships, financial capability, legal rights and options and personal empowerment
- Employment sessions and career workshops
- Computer tutoring and internet workshops
- AMICA Women’s Lunch and Activities Club for women experiencing homelessness and/or isolation
- Legal clinics on separation and property (one-on-one)
- Programs to help you build your financial future.
Visit www.wire.org.au for coming programs and events and subscribe (below) to our fortnightly newsletter.
Email email@example.com or call (03) 9348 9416 Option 2 to book your free place.
Read our brochure.
WIRE Women’s Information acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.