WIRE Women’s Information provides Victorian women with free and confidential support, information and referrals on any issues based on a feminist framework.
WIRE is hiring for two short term contract positions in WIRE’s Walk in Centre (WIC) Support and Information Workers.
- WIC Support Worker 0.8EFT — short term contract until 19th July 2019 (immediate start)
- WIC support Worker 0.8EFT — short term contraction until 30th June 2019 (immediate start)
The WIC Information and Support Worker works as part of the WIC service delivery team and has joint responsibility for the delivery of our face-to-face service. In this position the incumbent will be required to create a friendly, welcoming and safe environment, and respond to requests for information and support. The incumbent will also be required to coordinate WIC programs such as information seminars. The incumbent from time to time may also be required deliver outreach information sessions about WIRE’s services and issues that affect women and gender diverse people. The incumbent will also attend WIRE team meetings and events such as all staff training and attend professional development opportunities.
We are looking for someone who:
- can provide a safe and welcoming environment, respond to individual request for support, information and referral, respond to critical concerns, and work with service users within the WIRE service delivery model. This may be face to face, over the phone, or online via email or webchat.
- build and maintain working relationship with the WIC team and WIC volunteers.
- coordinate and build the delivery of WIC programs such as information seminars and financial planning clinics. This work involves working with volunteers and other WIRE staff such as the communication coordinator.
- can take a systematic approach to the management of resources. For example, this may include monitoring access to public access computers, ensuring accessibility, currency and relevance of information resources, and responding to email requests for support, information and referral. Data entry is required to be timely and accurate, including activity logging and managing online bookings.
- in consultation with the Service Delivery Manager/Deputy CEO to identify key issues and emerging trends across all service delivery areas. Targeted strategies may include Information Seminars, Job Club programs, and other strategies that support social connection or skills development, and raise awareness of issues impacting on women’s lives. These programs may be targeted at either service users or professional practitioners.
- is committed to collaboration, reflective practice and the spirit of co-operation.
Please see attached position description for more details.
To apply for these positions please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or
WIRE – Women’s Information 372 Spencer Street, West Melbourne 3003
You must respond to the selection criteria as outlined in the position description and provide a resume.
Applications close: 9am Monday 15th April 2019
For more information and enquiries contact our Deputy CEO, Robyn Rose on 03 8326 7103 or email@example.com
WIRE is exempt from the sections 16,107 and 182 of the Equal Opportunity Act, No. H68/2013.