A must-attend workshop for people working in the community services sector who want to build the knowledge, skills and confidence when working with people experiencing financial abuse in family violence. This FREE four-hour training is the first part of a two-part training workshop. You can attend both or either of these workshops. Part 2 is a four-hour workshop on working with people who have experienced financial abuse in family violence to build their financial capability.
In the Recognising and Responding to Financial Abuse workshop you will learn how to:
- Unpack how emotions impact on our attitudes and decisions about money management
- Recognise financial abuse, perpetrators’ behaviour and tactics
- Recognise the impact financial abuse has on victim-survivors and their capacity to act
- Use effective communication to respond to disclosures of financial abuse, naming financial abuse and empowering service user
- Manage your own assumptions and emotions around working with people experiencing financial abuse