Up to 99% of women seeking assistance for family violence have experienced financial abuse…but it is difficult to identify…
This FREE four-hour interactive workshop is targeted at family violence practitioners and community services professionals across sectors that are non-family violence specialists (e.g. alcohol and other drugs, health, housing, culturally and linguistically diverse, migrant and asylum-seeking).
- How to identify, name and explain financial abuse and its impact to colleagues and clients
- How to identify a range of controlling tactics and behaviours used to perpetrate financial abuse
- How financial abuse impacts women’s financial capability at different phases of the family violence journey
- How to confidently open up difficult ‘money conversations’ using the WIRE model
- The barriers that prevent victim-survivors getting back on track and building wellbeing for the future
- How to support and empower women to access timely and relevant services and assistance
This workshop is Part I of II. Find out more about “Part II: Building Financial Capacity“.
WIRE Women’s information is accessible to wheelchair users and those with other mobility challenges. If you have any other access requirements please contact us and we will make adjustments as best we can.
For any further information please contact Nilmini Fernando at firstname.lastname@example.org