One-to-one conversations are powerful tools to educate and influence people who are ready to listen.
In this workshop, you will learn how the skilled use of persuasive narratives, transformative storytelling, key facts and shared values can shift the community attitudes which create the social context for gendered violence.
The Lead for Change workshop provides participants with skills and support to further the social justice work they already do in their own communities in a way that is safe, respectful, effective and collective.
As a participant you can expect to:
- Be part of a safe, creative and intersectionally aware learning environment
- Reflect upon your own triggers and relationship with the unknown
- Learn skills and techniques to have safe, respectful and effective persuasive conversations
- Learn strategies for dealing with resistance
- Examine your personal power
- Develop your leadership skills
- Be part of a community of practice and collective self-care
- Attendance at one full day training
- Completion of pre- and post-training surveys as part of our evaluation requirements
- Participation in a one-hour face-to-face support and feedback session in February
- Willingness to have conversations related to safety and gender equality with people in your communities using the skills and awareness that you will learn in the training.