About the workshops
The course runs over two half-days. Both sessions are held online and will be delivered on the following dates and times:
Part 1: Wednesday 27 October 2021, 9.15am-12:30pm
Part 2: Wednesday 3 November 2021 9.15am-12.30pm
WHO IS THIS TRAINING FOR?
This training is for professionals, including people from local authorities, financial institutes, money/debt advice services, insurance industry, real estate and housing sector, and customer support and community workers.
WIRE are experts in understanding Financial Abuse and this highly regarded training will provide you with a deep understanding in recognising and responding to financial abuse.
This training aims to raise awareness of financial abuse and provide an opportunity for participants to consider how they can contribute to the economic safety of victim-survivors.
Participants will be empowered to support staff and clients who are experiencing family violence, and they’ll be equipped to provide referrals to appropriate support services.
• An intersectional perspective of financial abuse
• The root causes of family violence
• Who experiences family violence in Australia?
• Recognising different types of financial abuse
• Increased confidence to respond to the impact of financial abuse on the victim-survivor
• Confidence in the belief that your work can minimise harm and make a difference to victim-survivors and their long-term economic safety
• Knowledge of how creating economic stability and independence underpins physical safety
• Understanding of the difference between economic abuse and financial abuse
• What you can do to be a part of the change.
For any queries or requests, please contact Mia McDonald firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 0405 343 628.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FLYER FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE COURSE.
If you have access requirements for any training sessions please let us know – contact Training Manager, Mia McDonald at email@example.com
This session will be capped at 20 participants and will be interactive. You will do small group activities in breakout rooms. Please note, the in-person session will only go ahead if COVID restrictions permit.