Are you looking for a creative role with variety and meaning? Are you fiercely committed to social justice and gender equity? If you answered yes and yes (!), then we encourage you to apply for our new job vacancy as Communications Coordinator.
WIRE’s Communications Coordinator position is responsible for the development and implementation of WIRE’s marketing communications strategy with a strong focus on community engagement and innovative communication across multiple platforms to strengthen WIRE’s community presence by:
- raising the community’s awareness of the services WIRE offers
- enabling WIRE’s voice to be heard in the community on issues important to women, nonbinary and gender-diverse people
- growing WIRE’s fundraising reach by building engagement with potential and existing donors in line with our fundraising strategy
The role requires a person with well-developed communication, collaboration and design skills. The success of the role also depends on your ability to build trust and collaborative working relationships across the organisation. To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- A commitment to WIRE’s vision, values and mission
- Initiative to achieve individual, team and organisational goals
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in social media marketing
- Being very organised and able to manage multiple priorities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
- Experience managing external suppliers for communications projects, such as design agencies and printers
WIRE is the only Victorian state-wide free service that provides information, support and referrals to any Victorian women inclusive of nonbinary and gender-diverse
people on any issue.
VISION: a just and inclusive society where all people can thrive.
VALUES: WIRE is feminist, inclusive and bold. We strive for social justice, empowerment and integrity.
MISSION: At WIRE we work with women, non-binary and gender-diverse people toaddress the issues they identify, assist them to make informed choices in their lives and advocate for structural change to bring about gender equity and social justice.
WIRE has a strong track-record of innovation in research, training and service delivery and addressing the multiple barriers women, non-binary and gender diverse
people experience that contribute to their marginalisation.
WIRE is a committed feminist organisation that provides best-practice gender informed and non-stigmatising service delivery on any issue, and is an entry point
for thousands of people every year. We provide a Telephone Support Line, email and online, as well as face-to-face support at our Walk-in Centre located in West Melbourne. We also deliver a range of programs and services including job coaching, employment workshops, financial and legal advice clinics, and activities for those experiencing isolation and homelessness.
We undertake projects and provide education and resources to individuals, organisations and the community to build capacity and capability to counter gender bias, discrimination and family violence. This includes training products and programs focused on increasing women’s financial capability, addressing family violence, dealing with difficult calls and working more effectively with women. WIRE has doubled in size over the last few years and with more than 40 volunteers and 30 staff WIRE’s work impacts throughout Victoria and changes lives. We are proud of who we are, the service we provide and what we have achieved.