Board Treasurer role at WIRE
WIRE is currently seeking a Board Treasurer to join WIRE’s voluntary Board of Governance.
WIRE is governed by a voluntary board. Women on our board come from diverse backgrounds and bring a wide range of skills and experience to the governance of WIRE. The board meets once a month on Tuesday nights at our West Melbourne office.
Duty statement for Board Treasurer role
Please find below the duty statement for the Board Treasurer role:
- Ensure that the Board and the CEO maintains the degree of financial literacy necessary to conduct the Strategic of the organisation
- Advise the Board and the CEO on matters of finance
- Ensure that appropriate financial policies and procedures are in place and fully documented
- In partnership with the CEO, Finance Coordinator and Chair develop a projected budget each financial year for approval by the Board.
- Report to the Board and the CEO at each meeting on the financial situation of the organisation
- Report to the Board and the CEO at each meeting on variances from the approved budget
- With the Secretary, the Chair and the CEO, place any necessary financial items on the Board agenda in advance of the meeting
- Report to the Annual General Meeting on the financial situation of the organisation
Administrative & Management
- Ensure an appropriately qualified Auditor is appointed annually according to WIRE’s constitution.
In collaboration with the CEO ensure the organisation’s financial records are adequate, protected, backed up, and accessible.
- Ensure the organisation’s financial control procedures are adequate and that appropriate safeguards against fraud are in place
- Ensure that financial risk management strategies (including appropriate insurances) are in place
- Oversee the organisation’s investment strategy and report to the Board
- Review income and expenditure against the budget on a continuous basis.
- Ensure the organisation’s compliance with all applicable tax arrangements
- As for Board members
To find out more, please call Samiro Douglas on (03) 9348 9416 (Option 7) or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply to serve on our board in one of two ways:
- Email: Download and read the information on the Board Member Application Form 2013. Email the completed form (and attach your CV as a Word document or PDF file) to CEO Samiro Douglas at email@example.com OR
- Postal: Print and fill in this Board Member Application Form 2013. Mail your completed form together with a copy of your CV to CEO Samiro Douglas, WIRE Women’s Information, 372 Spencer Street, West Melbourne 3003