Training & Programs
WIRE runs many free women’s programs to
- Support you in your search for work or building a career
- Improve your computer and/or internet skills
- Offer information and support on women’s health, housing and other issues by professional experts and practitioners
- Improve your financial capability
- Get legal advice on a range of issues
For latest seminar and workshop dates, check our Event page.
Volunteer training & professional development workshops
As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 4197), we have had 30 years’ experience in providing excellent training experiences to women. All our training programs are based on our well-developed feminist model of listening to, supporting and empowering women.
This way, we not only ensure the high quality of support services provided to women, we also facilitate gendered understanding of women’s issues. Our training programs include:
- Training our support volunteers
- Offering reflective practice to support workers
- Providing women-sensitive services to external clients
- Professional development workshops:
- Dealing with Difficult Calls
- Introduction to Women’s Relationship with Money
You will be able to explore your personal and professional development by learning and experiencing new things in a warm, supportive environment. Many women find training with WIRE leads them to employment and sought-after places in higher education courses.
“The WIRE training felt highly professional. It felt like it was giving me skills that I can take into the kinds of jobs that I want to do.”