Women’s Information Centre
Our Women’s Information Centre provides a safe, friendly and welcoming space for all women.
Get free and confidential support (no appointments needed!), use our free facilities and/or participate in our free programs.
You are also welcome to have a support person or advocate with you when you use WIRE’s services.
Simply drop by – we’re just a short 5-minute walk through the park from Flagstaff Station or Queen Victoria Market. Map
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays 9.30am to 4.30pm
Wednesdays 9.30am to 1pm
372 Spencer Street, West Melbourne
Free Wifi, internet and computer access
- Check emails, Facebook & Skype
- Surf the internet
- Write or read documents
- Use our printer or scanner
We have 7 computers available for you to use with no time limits and no need to book. Our friendly staff can also assist you with using the computer or the internet – just ask!
Broadband for seniors
Our Women’s Information Centre now offers a free internet kiosk (2 computers) for older members of the local community, and includes online training for beginners. This kiosk is a part of Australian Government initiative “Broadband for Seniors” to increase the skills of older Australians using computers and the internet. For kiosk access times at Women’s Information Centre, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (03) 9348 9416 (Option 2). Read more on Broadband for Seniors initiative at www.necseniors.net.au
Free programs for women
- Join our free Job Coaching sessions for professional support with your job search or career pathway (Mondays)
- Attend basic Computer/Internet Tutoring (Tuesdays)
- Join our AMICA Women’s Lunch Club (Tuesdays/Wednesdays/ Thursdays)
- Get free legal advice from our Legal Clinics for Women (Fridays)
- Come to our free information seminars on different women’s topics (monthly)
Interested? Simply call (03) 9348 9416 (Option 2) or email email@example.com to find out more or book your free place!
Safe, friendly and warm women’s space
- Come in to talk to someone about your concerns (weekdays, no appointments needed)
- Browse and take away free WIRE information sheets/booklets and other brochures (Order Form)
- Get free and confidential information and referrals about any issues
- You are also welcome to have a support person or advocate with you when you use WIRE’s services.
You are also always welcome to drop in to check out our community notice board, rest on our comfy couch, simply chat or have some tea or coffee.
“It’s the best starting point: getting everything into perspective and working out a plan of action…” “I can go at my own pace and I feel valued, supported and safe here.”
Code of Conduct
WIRE provides a safe space for all women. In order to maintain this safety please note the following:
- Everyone in the Women’s Information Centre needs to be treated with respect.
- Staff and volunteers can only provide minimal computer assistance.
- It is not appropriate to interrupt when a staff member is providing emotional support.
- If you would like to improve your computer skills please enrol in one of our free computer classes or ask about other classes in your area.
Easy to get to!
TRAINS: Flagstaff / Southern Cross Stns
TRAMS: Peel/Franklin St. 55
Spencer/La Trobe St. 24, 30, 35, 86, 95
Spencer/Bourke St. 75, 95, 96, 86
Spencer/Collins St. 11, 42, 48, 75, 96, 109, 112
Or you can always call our Women’s Support Line 1300 134 130 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.