Appeal 2013: Smartboard for WIRE Training Room
Help WIRE raise $8,000 to install and purchase a Smartboard™ for WIRE’s new Training Room!
Women have a history of making do, being resourceful and getting by with very little, but Victorian women deserve better—certainly better access to cutting-edge technology that will advance their learning. That is why we are appealing to you to help WIRE raise $8,000 to purchase and install a Smartboard™ in WIRE’s new Training Room.
A SmartBoard™ will enable WIRE to
- Deliver dynamic and interactive presentations for WIRE’s training and public education programs for women
- Provide easy access to multimedia web content and online networks, such as YouTube videos, podcasts, webinars, social media, blogs
- Offer webinars and podcasts of WIRE’s training and education programs including free information seminars and workshops to women across Victoria
For the first time ever WIRE has its very own Training Room at our new West Melbourne premises. This means having a dedicated space for WIRE to
- Train our Telephone Support Workers and Team Leaders
- Run free monthly information seminars for women
- Conduct professional development training workshops
- Have staff and board meetings
- Have an independent income stream generated by hiring out the Training Room and SmartBoard™.
Since our move in November 2012, WIRE has painted, carpeted and furnished our new Training Room with desks and chairs to seat 40 people. To fully equip this multi-purpose Training Room, we now appeal to you to help us raise funds to purchase and install a Smartboard™—an interactive and electronic whiteboard that is currently in use in many school classrooms in Victoria.
Please donate what you can—every donation big or small helps.
“Yes! I’d like to help WIRE purchase and install a Smartboard™ for their new Training Room.”
You can make a donation in one of four ways:
- Online: Donate securely online at www.givenow.com.au/wire2013
- Email: Download and complete the WIRE Appeal 2013 Donation Form with your credit card details and email it to email@example.com OR
- Postal: Print the WIRE Appeal 2013 Donation Form and post the completed form together with a cheque or credit card details to WIRE Women’s Information 372 Spencer Street, West Melbourne 3003 OR
- Phone: Call Kate Whiting on (03) 9348 9416 (Option 6) to make a donation over the phone.
Make a Mothers’ Day donation
To make a Mothers’ Day donation on behalf of your mother, grandmother or loved one, fill in the WIRE Appeal 2013 Donation Form with your payment details as well as her full name, address and contact details.
Send us your completed form by Monday 6th May 2013 and we will send her a Thank You letter and wish her a Happy Mothers’ Day on your behalf. Simply email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post a hard copy to WIRE Women’s Information 372 Spencer Street, West Melbourne VIC 3003 by Monday 6th May 2013.