Share Your Story – Focus Groups in regional Vic (March & April 2014)
“He controlled all the money. I had to account for every cent I spent.”
“I trusted him with our money, now I’m left with all his debts.”
“When we got married I had some savings, a job and a car. The marriage is over and I’ve got nothing.”
“I don’t care about the money. I just want to feel safe, get away, and start again.”
If you’ve been through a situation like this or supported a friend or family member who has, then WIRE Women’s Information wants to hear from you.
When a relationship ends, women often find it hard to claim their fair share of the financial assets. It’s even harder for women who have not had control of their finances.
Please come to one of our focus groups and share your story.
Help us learn what information and support women need to make decisions about their financial wellbeing when a relationship breaks down. You will help women facing challenges like these, meet other women who’ve had similar experiences, and also gain skills and information from one another.
Focus Group Dates in Regional Victoria
- Bendigo Wednesday 5 March 10.30am – 12.30pm | 18 Forest St, Bendigo | Call Vashti 1800 884 038
- Wangaratta Tuesday 18 March 10.30am – 12.30pm | Women’s Health Goulburn North East, 57 Rowan St, Wangaratta | Call Karen 5722 3009
- Geelong Friday 21 March 10.30am – 12.30pm | Zena Women’s Services, Geelong | Call Claire 5224 2903 (ext 111)
- Morwell in Wednesday 23 April 10.30am – 12.30pm | The Foyer, Kernot Hall, Civic Drive Morwell | Call Marie 5187 1441
Light refreshments will be provided and all participants will receive a $30 voucher. Download Regional Victoria Flyer
Like to attend a focus group or want to find out more?
Please contact WIRE Researcher Prue Cameron on:
- Call (03) 9348 9416 (Option 9) OR
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a message with your name and contact number, and Prue will get back to you as soon as possible.
Download Regional Victoria Flyer
Read more about this Financial Abuse Research Project