WIRE E-bulletin #134 (9/12/13)
Welcome to WIRE Women’s Information E-bulletin #134 for latest news, events and opportunities for women in Victoria and those who work with them.
Women’s Events at WIRE
- ‘Creative writing for family life and times’ seminar – Tue 10 Dec
- ‘Velvet Addiction’ musical cabaret fundraiser – Thu 23 Jan 2014
- Orientation sessions for WIRE phone worker training program – Feb 2014
- ‘Share your story’ in Melbourne & regional Victoria – Feb/ March 2014
- WIRE programs – 2014
As this year draws to a close, we are busy planning for the next one. 2014 will mark WIRE’s 30th year in supporting and empowering the women of Victoria, and we’re looking forward to an exciting year of celebrations.
Want to start the new year with an evening of laughter and music? Then come to WIRE’s musical cabaret fundraiser ‘Velvet Addiction’ produced by Shhhhh! Productions at La Mama Courthouse Theatre on Thursday 23 January. Bring your friends and family, or simply get them tickets for Christmas! Read more
Holiday hours: WIRE’s Women’s Information Centre closes from 1pm 24 Dec & reopens 2 Jan 2014.
WIRE’s Telephone Support Service 1300 134 130 will be closed Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
WIRE’s women’s programs will resume in 2014 on the following dates:
- AMICA Women’s Lunch Club (Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays) resumes from 14 Jan
- Legal Clinics resume on Thursdays from 16 Jan
- Job Coaching resumes Monday sessions from 3 Feb
- Computer classes resume weekly Tuesday/Wednesday classes from 11 Feb
To book a session or class for 2014, call 9348 9416 (Option 2) or email email@example.com
To all of you who have supported WIRE, we offer you our heartfelt thanks. By donating, becoming a member, volunteering, subscribing to this e-bulletin, attending our programs and events or spreading the word about WIRE (Facebook/Twitter), you are helping us to make a real difference in the everyday lives of women. Thank You and we look forward to your continued support in the new year!
Have safe and happy holidays, and a wonderful new year!
PS. The next issue of WIRE’s e-bulletin will be on 27 January 2014.